Scholarships are awarded to students who have achieved academic and personal excellence. Some scholarships are awarded solely on academic performance. Others are based on a combination of academic achievement and proven personal excellence, including leadership and community involvement.
UOIT scholarships for undergraduate students include:
- Awards of recognition
- In-course scholarships
- UOIT International Education Scholarship (UIES)
- Application-based scholarships
- FIRST Robotics Canada Scholarship
Learn about scholarships and awards for international students.
Note: All UOIT scholarships and awards are subject to the following conditions:
- Values are subject to change without notice.
- Awards of recognition are available to students attending UOIT from secondary school within 18 months of graduation.
- Students must not have previously attended a post-secondary institution.
- Students may not hold more than one UOIT scholarship simultaneously.
- Summer school courses taken immediately prior to the start of the September term and any upgrading marks will not be included in grade calculations for awards.
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum 80 per cent course load (per term) at UOIT.
- Students must have been enrolled in an 80 per cent course load during the previous fall and winter terms for in-course scholarship consideration.
- UOIT reserves the right to determine acceptable academic credentials, grades and prerequisite courses to be used for admissions and awards.
Awards of recognition
These awards recognize academic accomplishments for recent Canadian secondary school graduates. The following amounts are automatically awarded in your first year based on your best six 4U/4M courses (or equivalent).
- $4,000 - 95 per cent or higher
- $3,000 - 90 to 94.9 per cent
- $2,000 - 85 to 89.9 per cent
Please note: These awards will be disbursed in two equal instalments in the Fall and Winter semesters.
We want to recognize your academic achievements during your undergraduate program. If you achieve a minimum 3.7 GPA (on a 4.3 scale) during the previous year and you are returning to full-time study, you may be awarded a scholarship and notified through your UOIT.net email.
- $2,000 - GPA of 4.0 or higher
- $1,500 - 3.7 - 3.99 GPA
These scholarships may be increased through the generous contributions from our UOIT donors to $3,000 and $4,000.
Please note: If you are currently receiving a renewable award of recognition, you are not eligible for an in-course scholarship.
The university is pleased to provide allocated funding through the support of the UOIT International Education Scholarship for students completing part of their academic program abroad through their faculty with approval. This scholarship will provide eligible students with financial support for an allocated period of academic study, work term or co-op placement outside of Canada. Awards are available to eligible UOIT students for international study opportunities based on the following conditions:
- Must be a full-time registered student at UOIT.
- Participating in a faculty-approved international study program.
- Must have a demonstrated financial need.
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person.
To learn more, see the UOIT SAFA tab on MyCampus.
If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident studying full-time at a Canadian secondary school, you can apply for the following awards. These awards are given to applicants who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement (minimum 85 per cent average) and exceptional leadership and community involvement.
- Chancellor's Scholarship - one valued at $36,000 ($9,000 a year for four years)
- President's Scholarship - two valued at $30,000 each ($7,500 a year for four years)
- Founder's Scholarship - two valued at $24,000 each ($6,000 a year for four years)
Only one application is required in order to be considered for all three awards. Interested applicants must have completed a scholarship application form by February 28, 2017.
In support of the For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (FIRST) mission, UOIT offers the FIRST Robotics Canada (FRC) Scholarship, one merit-based scholarship valued at $12,000 ($3,000 each year for four years).
The recipient of this award will be a student who is in his or her final year of high school who is entering into an Engineering program at UOIT and who has participated on a FRC team during high school.
Interested applicants must complete a FRC scholarship application form by March 31, 2017. It is available now within the UOIT Applicant Portal.